Monday 7 April 2014

Goose by Dawn O'Porter|Review

Title: Goose
Series: Paper Aeroplanes
Genre: Contemporary 
My Star Rating: ★★★☆☆

Blurb: Renee and Flo are eighteen and on the brink of their adult lives. But while Flo is determined to get into Uni and take Renee with her, Renee can feel her sense of independence soar.
As Flo turns to the church for support, Renee embarks on a seductive and perilous relationship with an older man...
In there final year before leaving their home on Guernsey, will Renee and Flo still be each other's soul mates, or is this the end of their friendship?

Goose is a sequel to Paper Aeroplanes, you can see my review of that book here. I actually managed to get my copy of the book two days early as I went to a signing. Meeting Dawn was lovely, she was so nice and funny. The picture next to this writing shows me and my friends meeting her.
I would have given Goose three and a half stars but I don't have an emoticon for that unfortunately. It wasn't quite as good as Paper Aeroplanes, Goose didn't give me the urge to go out with my friends and live my life but it was still enjoyable.
One thing I really like about Dawn O'Porter's work is how truthful and real it all is and I find this tends to be the case in British YA. In American YA it tends to skip the bits about periods and sex and family issues. This book would definitely appeal to older women as it would help remind them of their experiences from that age. Dawn's writing is the kind of writing you can't stop thinking about for a few hours and is quite a big impact.
Because this is a sequel it is really hard to talk you through the plot without ruining things so I'm going to leave it here.
Love Always,
Freya

No comments:

Post a Comment