Wednesday 18 February 2015

I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You by Ally Carter I Review

                                                       
Title: I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You 
Author: Ally Carter
Series: Gallagher Girls
Genre: Romance
My Star Rating: 

Blurb: 

I'd tried reading this a few years ago but I'd put it down because it seemed stupid and I was convinced the main character's love interest would be her hot new teacher, but I should have given it longer because her teacher remained her teacher and it was a nice story. Normally I stay far away from romance novels as they don't interest me at all but I liked this one because there was more to it than the romance, and honestly the story's romance lost it a star. I loved the setting of a spy school it was nice to have an intelligent protagonist for once.

This book was funny, the narration was not only first person but friendly and written as if the main character had sat down with a pen and paper. Normally I prefer a more distant, third person narration but I think in this kind of book the friendlier approach worked well. 

I liked the characters, especially Cammie's friend Liz and, of course the rest of her entourage. I wasn't a huge fan Cammie's love interest because he was a bit thick and not in a Joey Essex kind of adorable way. Cammie's character development was great, she learned to realise people weren't always as bad as they initially appeared and she also learned some valuable lessons. I loved the "organised St. Trinian's feel" the book had to it.

The romance was nothing special, which was an issue as it was the main theme of the book but despite that it was still enjoyable and earned a solid three stars.

Love Always,
Freya

No comments:

Post a Comment